Food for Thought - Spices & Masalas
Food for thought by Maheela ... !
Sharing few tips and ideas with masalas and spices:
1. To stay cool naturally this summer, these three spices can be added to tea/chai and will help in keeping headaches and digestive troubles away:
a) Fennel Seeds (Saunf)
b) Green Cardamom (Elaichi)
c) Turmeric (Haldi)
2. It is ideal to keep the spices in dark, cool places - avoid storing the spices above stoves as heat can cause spices to spoil more quickly.
3. If there are spices which you have not used in a while and want to revive the flavour, toast the spice in a skillet for 1 to 3 minutes shaking the pan frequently until it gives off the signature aroma.
4. You can make cajun seasoning at home! Cajun seasoning serves as a good rub for Meat, Paneer and Veggies. Just mix Oregano, Red Chilli powder, Black pepper powder, Onion Powder and Garlic Powder.
5. For mild toothache, an easy way to cure is to pop a clove into your mouth and nurse it there - it acts as a mild analgesic.
If you have any ideas and tips to share, do drop a note in the comments section.
Also, check out the home made masalas and spices made by Maheela Entrepreneurs @ https://www.maheelapower.com/collections/home-made-masalas
Maheela is an online marketplace for talented women to sell handmade products and exhibit their skills and creativity. Maheela is a one stop digital store for home-made condiments, gourmet food, healthy delicacies, handcrafted exquisite home décor, quilted and knitted fashion accessories, organic personal care, gifts and more. Maheela aims to give the customers a unique, smooth and easy shopping experience.